Monday, August 15, 2011

"Round & Round"

When the song first started, my initial thought was that the tone of the voices was very haunting, this idea was caused by the echoing noises. I tried to keep my bias aside (which was that haunting is creepy and bad) however now that the song's over I still find that I don't particularly like it. The main reason is probably because of the echoing voices, not only do they create a creepy mood, they also distract from the actual lyrics of the song and make it very difficult to understand what the artist is to trying to convey. Because I could not easily make out the words of the song, my mind tended to drift off to the background instrumentals and in particular, the bass guitar. The bass guitar kept a constant and repeating pattern throughout the song, and whereas this may help the artist to keep tempo, for the listener, it becomes a little too repetitive. I think the main reason that I didn't enjoy the song as much as I could have is because the song did not make it easy to focus on the lyrics. By the end, I realize that I don't know what the song's about and all I can remember is the repeating notes of the bass guitar.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the song was very creepy too! :) This is a nice post, but you need to be careful about comma splices. You have some complete sentences punctuated with a comma. You should use a period instead.

    ReplyDelete