Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nostalgia

- Nostalgia is a feeling of remembrance. It's the feeling you get when you look back on a memory and all your senses suddenly reflect what it was like to be back there.

- When I hear this kind of music I think of an old movie. In the scenes, there are lots of children who live in a small, homely town. The children are laughing and running up and down a street, there also some other kids sitting outside their favorite ice cream parlor. I think of this because the song sounds as if it's been taken back to an old memory of childhood. Usually, memories of childhood involve special moments, or even just simple moments shared with the people you love in your favorite places.

- When I think of my childhood I always think of going to Cave Run Lake with my friends. Each year our parents would drive us out there, have a cookout, and then we'd go out on boat ride. Usually what triggers these memories is just the sight of kids running around in a big field or seeing kids with their parents gathered around a picnic table. Aside from this, whenever I think of my childhood, I also think of the time my parents took me and my sister to watch Disney On Ice. I remember trying to navigate through the big crowds of people while grabbing tightly onto my dad's hand before finally reaching our seats. For this memory, every time I see a mug/cup shaped in the form of an animal or a Disney character, I'm immediately reminded of this show. At this show, my parents bought me a plastic mug in the shape of Mufasa's head and my sister a mug in the shape of Mickey's head. Those two mugs were to be my favorite cups for a very long time! These are the two memories that stick out to me every time I think of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment