Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sign Language

- What single effect did you get from this short film?
After watching the video, I'm left with one single feeling, a single effect. Everything I feel during the film leads me to the feeling of appreciation. Throughout the film, I experience emotions of happiness, hopefulness, and even loneliness, but all these emotions add up in the end to give me the feeling of appreciation.

- Give 3 specific things that led you to that single effect.
In the film, Ben's costume helped me to find the single effect of appreciation. The weather is cold and rainy, and instead of complaining about it, Ben is bundled in many jackets and gloves speaking comfortably and with a tone of satisfaction and pride. This helped me to realize that even with foul weather and sad things in life, we can always find a way to appreciate other things. Also, the way that the camera zoomed on the girl's face when Ben said "the beautiful things" helped to emphasize that we need to appreciate the love and beauty in life. Lastly, the way that Ben managed to find happiness in a job that most people would find a hassle, made me realize that we can always appreciate the things we have.

- If you could change one aspect what would it be and how would it change the film's single effect?
If we changed the music, the entire film would loose the feeling of calmness and peacefulness. This would be bad because the watchers may find the film too busy, and not be able to see the single effect of appreciation in the film. This would be a negative change.

No comments:

Post a Comment